Two years ago, I started a blog to document my food and travel adventures. It’s not only a platform to restore the memories in my adventures and look back at it later, it is an outlet for expressing myself through my passions. When I wanted to purge myself from the demands of the city life, I eat, go to a new place then write about it. I loved weaving stories about culture, food, and people through this blog, Diamond in the Rough.
Through blogging, I learned a lot not only about myself, but also other people. I’m motivated to honing further this craft especially knowing that I am able to inspire and help others by sharing them my experiences. I was surprised when a fellow blogger, Rae of Raescape messaged me about getting nominated for the Sunshine Blogger Award. I haven’t met her personally yet but I always bump into her in our blogging group. Thanks Rae and I hope to meet you soon!
What is Sunshine Blogger Award?
The Sunshine Blogger Award is a blogger-recognized award! It’s given to bloggers by their fellow bloggers. Bloggers that are nominated for the Sunshine Blogging Award are nominated for their ability to inspire positivity, creativity, and joy in the blogging community! It’s flattering to know that other bloggers recognize your dedication for the craft, so thank you Rae!
What to do if I’m nominated for the Sunshine Blogger Award?
If you are nominated for the Sunshine Blogger Award, you just need to follow these four rules.
1. Thank the blogger who nominated you and provide them a link back to their blog on yours.
2. Answer the 11 questions the blogger asked you! Lastly, nominate 11 new bloggers and come up with a list of 11 questions for them to answer on their own blog!
3. Display the rules and the Sunshine Blogger Award Logo on your website.
Here are Rae’s questions for me:
1. What do you prefer as a perfect getaway, the beach, the mountains or a foreign city? Wow. I love the three. The experiences vary in each getaway that it’s hard to compare. However, I’d go for the beach. Every time I’m in the beach basking in the sea, sunset, and sand, it’s like I’m more at peace with myself. I’m not a good swimmer, but I appreciate the breathtaking scenery of the ocean very much.
2.What is the best food you tried while you were traveling? Authentic Thai food is simply the best. It’s an amazing concoction of fresh seafood and vegetables, spices and flavors, and beautiful presentation.
3. What is the most adventurous thing you did? Cliff diving in Guimaras and swimming my way inside the secret lagoon in El Nido, Palawan.
4. Where is your favorite escapade and why is it the best one yet? Share a picture as well. Batanes. It’s like a detached sanctuary where everything is beautiful and scenic. The people are also very kind, sincere, and honest. I was even teary-eyed when the plane was about to take-off from Basco, Batanes.
5. Who is your travel buddy? If you travel solo, tell me about a person you met which made an impact to you. My friends and Chris. I haven’t tried solo traveling — maybe one day!
6. Where is your next destination? The land of milk tea.
7. What are your travel must-haves? Hiking sandals (versatile for strolling, swimming and hiking), mirrorless camera, waterproof bag, sunblock, and snorkeling gear, credit cards in case of emergency.
8. What is your most memorable experience as a blogger? I can’t name a single one but it’s every time I meet new friends: be it locals, fellow bloggers, entrepreneurs. The perks and incentives are only secondary, but it’s the valuable lessons you gain after attending an event that make it so special.
9. What inspired you to start a blog? After a heartbreak, I was looking for an outlet to release my creativity, pent-up emotions, and rediscover my strengths. I was eager to rebuild myself again after losing it. I knew I love writing so I decided to combine it with my passion for food and travel.
10. What do you love about blogging? It’s when people come to you and say they’ve read your blog and liked it, it means you have an impact. Positive Influence is something you cannot trade money for. I also love meeting new people and making new friends in events and learning a thing or two from them. Free food and other incentives of course!
11. What are three random facts about you? I love potatoes. I look to cook. I love dogs.
My Questions for the Sunshine Award Nominees:
- What is your greatest fear that you were able to conquer?
- If you were a food, what it is and why?
- What do you enjoy most in traveling?
- If you are not in a good shape, what do you usually do and where do you go?
- Name three things you plan to do or have in the future.
- What do you consider most challenging in blogging?
- Is blogging more of hobby or a job for you? Why.
- Who do you consider most influential to you in life?
- Do you like to call yourself an influencer? Why yes or why not?
- As a blogger, what is your biggest responsibility?
- What is the most beautiful place you’ve been to?
My Nominees for the Sunshine Award
Hey you, if you are in this list, it means I read your blog and find your work inspiring. It means you have the talent and creativity that piqued my interest.
- Katherine Cortes of Tara Lets Anywhere
- Yedy Calaguas of Yedylicious
- Karla Obispo of Travel with Karla
- Erica Paoyuan of The Girl with the Muji Hat
- April Pagaling of Relax Lang Mom
- Karla Mallanao of Hungry Traveler Ph
- Bae Milanes of Manila Bae
- Ivan Jose of Ivan + Khris’ Travels
- Nicole San Miguel of Living Beyond Style
- Gel Jose of Jelly Beans in the City
- Katrina Tiong and Dave Remulla of Happy and Busy Travels
Looking forward to your answers! Thanks Raescape for choosing me for the Sunshine Blogger Award!