When it comes to cold desserts, Gelato will always be my top pick. Compared to ice cream, Gelato is more dense, rich, creamy and flavorful. Despite the small servings, the taste lingers in my mouth. I remember indulging a lot of this dessert during my El Nido trip! Imagine my excitement when I received the invitation for Mio Gelati’s flagship store grand opening!
Mio Gelati is an Italian word that translates to “my gelato”. Entrepreneur and culinary graduate Celina Nolasco shared that her passion is desserts and it was her father who convinced her to be in the Gelato business. For five years, it had its strong patronage from night-market customers, namely Mercato and SM North. It became popular as a food truck, featuring the decadent creations Celina herself made. Ayala Group saw the potential opportunity and thus, Mio Gelati was offered to have a flagship store in Ayala Vertis North.
Guests and bloggers enjoyed an afternoon of good food, games, and t-shirt design activity. Mio Gelati also introduced its newest creations: Unicornbow, Hazelatto, Fruitopia, and Salted Caramallows. They’re too tempting to try!
They don’t only looked beautiful, they tasted luscious. One doesn’t have to worry if Gelato is not their cup of tea, for they also offer milkshakes in different flavours to suit anyone’s palate. As for my personal favorite, I’d always go for Cookies and Cream. I love the cookie bites that come in between the creamy goodness of gelato. My runner-ups would be the Salted Caramel and Pistachio. Anyway, there are variants to match your taste or craving. The exciting part is that Mio Gelati will roll out more flavors soon!
And here’s what you should watch out for: Smorsicles! It’s premium dark chocolate gelato wrapped in torched marshmallows. It’s a unique concept of Mio Gelati adapted from the US and is not available at the pop-up booths. Check out their Facebook page for the ongoing promo for Smorsicles! Get them for free!!
You can also catch Mio Gelati’s pop-up stores in several locations such as Mercato BGC, Uptown BGC, UP Town Center, Trinoma, TLC BGC, EDSA Shangri-La East Atrium, etc. Check out the schedules in their instagram or FB page.
Aside from Gelato and Milkshakes, Mio Gelati also offers hot and cold coffee and soon – delish snacks to complement these awesome beverages!
Here’s the menu of Mio Gelati’s new creations:
- Fruitopia– Cereal based milk shake goodness topped with fruit loops for an out of this world breakfast-inspired drink.
- Salted Caramallows– Biscoff cookies and torched marshmallows give this salted caramel shake a unique twist. All brown. All good.
- Hazelatto– Dig into this goldmine of a hazelnut drink with gold sprinkles and a huge Ferrero chocolate on top! A real gem awaits.
- Unicornbow– Of rainbows and unicorns. A dash of color here and there. And a whole lot of happy sprinkles make this bubblegum x strawberry drink a favorite of many!
- Fudgelatto– Dark and delicious. Double dose of real premium chocolatey goodness guaranteed to satisfy one’s cravings.
- Smoresicles– Yummy and quite handy! Dark chocolate gelato based covered generously with torched marshmallows for that sumptuous quick fix on stick
My Mio Gelati afternoon was filled with sweets, laughter and all things lovely. Congratulations to Celina Nolasco for a successful launch!
Mio Gelati is going to offer free Smorsicles to the first 80 customers on the following dates:
NOV 17 (FRI) 6-9 PM
NOV 18, (SAT )2-5 PM
NOV 19 , (SUN)2-5 PM
For more details, check out their Facebook Page @miogelati and IG @miogelati. Mio Gelati’s flagship store is located at the 3rd floor of Ayala Vertis North.