We all have our low moments. Inevitably, there will be circumstances that would challenge our faith and test our character. Sometimes, all we need is a ray of sunshine to cope. These come in the form of people, sometimes situations, or even an inspiration from a book.
#BestMeEver is a book that presents little nuggets of inspirational quotes, words of encouragement, statements that speak of hope and optimism. It’s written by Myke Celis, an author whose own mishaps propelled him to strive to be the best version of himself and even inspired him to write a book.
About the Author
Myke Celis is the Managing Director of PerCX – Perfectly Creative X-tras, a marketing/advertising and casting agency. He is the co-owner of The Hair Lounge, a premium salon in the Metro and Smell Chic, a specialized line of home and body care products. Soon, he eyes opening his own food business. Apart from business, he teaches in Ateneo Graduate School of Business and De La Salle Graduate School of Business to fulfill his passion for teaching.
When asked about his ultimate dream, he aspires to be a “life coach”. Currently, he is active in his speaking engagements for various topics for local and international institutions.
Myke’s Turning Points turned Road to Success
Years ago, he was betrayed by a friend in the business causing him to incur a great financial loss. This pushed him to explore other sources of income, thus the birth of The Hair Lounge and Smell Chic. He also came from a failed relationship which made him introspective on what more he can do to improve himself. He learned to love himself more and discover more passions.
Points to Ponder
- Your #bestmeever is no one else’s business. If you keep listening to others, you are living others’ dreams, not yours. Your #bestmeever should not be compared.
- There is no exact timeline to follow when becoming your #bestmeever. You can set your goals but don’t kill yourself when you don’t achieve it. Just don’t stop trying.
- With self-love, comes self-worth. Always leave something for yourself.
- You can’t please everyone, don’t even try. But you can always please yourself by being your best. There are some bridges worth burning.
- Your positivity and integrity will bring you further in life, never compromise them.
- When doors close, other windows, doors and even the roof will open. If not, create your own.
- You define your own success, don’t base it on someone else’s.
- If you listen to each and every comment others have about you, you’ll never find your true self.
- You have at least one thing to be grateful daily.
- You always have the choice. Don’t be afraid to go for what truly makes you truly happy and complete.
What I Like About the Book
For someone who is not too engrossed in lengthy novels, this book is a quick manual containing chunks of wisdom easily understood. It doesn’t have to be read from cover to cover. Any random quote can be applied on any day if you are simply looking for inspiration to get through the hullabaloos of life. The launch of this book is very timely for me who is looking forward starting the year right, with a renewed perspective.
Never Too Late
It’s never too late to pick up the pieces again and rebuild yourself. The book teaches about self-love, starting again, believing in your self and in your dreams, and learning to trust that all bad things do happen for a purpose. So what are you waiting for? Grab a copy now!
*Copies are available at National Bookstore and Power Books for Php 150 each.